Worldwide CIGRE membership is more than:
- 1100 Collective Members
- 9100 Individual Members
CIGRE counts members in almost 90 countries; countries fulfilling the membership requirementsset up National Committees (NCs). NCs act as a relay for the local members and promote the activities of CIGRE.
A number of countries in the same geographical area can also form a CIGRE Region with a view to address more efficiently local issues.
CIGRE includes 4 categories of members :
- Individual members I are individuals involved in the Industry (engineers, managers, researchers, professors, etc.).
- Indvidual members II (Young members), aged under 35, only pay half the fee for their first 2 years of membership
- Student members are individuals preparing a higher education diploma (category installed in 2015)
- Collective members I consist of public or private companies, of industrial and/or commercial character, scientific and technical organisations, research Institutes, administrative bodies, etc.
- Collective members II consist of universities and other educational bodies,...