CIGRE Green Books
CIGRE associates with Springer to co-publish the CIGRE Green Books Series!
the Technical Committee decided in 2015 to associate CIGRE with a renowned international publisher of scientific books in order to benefit from its know-how and of its visibility worldwide. Thus an agreement was signed at the end of 2015 with Springer to co-publish the CIGRE Green Book series. This partnership has a number of advantages for our association and our members:
- As part of the Springer eBook-package “Engineering”, Green books will be available at some 1000 academic institutions and companies worldwide since Springer reference works get extra attention from libraries and are part of Springer’s eBook collections;
- Enormous visibility through Amazon, Google, Google Book search and other internet platforms;
- Printed books available worldwide through Springer’s sales channels;
- Fast online first publication, immediately citable and available, therefore well in advance of static print editions;
- Support from Springer’s reference editorial team, specialized in publishing large reference works;
- CIGRE members receive 40% discount onto all eBooks in the Green Book series;
- CIGRE reserves the right to sell to its members the print version of the Green Books at preferential prices;
- CIGRE members receive a discount for all Springer books of 40%.
Two new Green Books available:
- Green Book of Overhead Lines is republished as eBook, with all its advantages, such as availability on mobile devices, easily searchable, fully linked (figures, tables, references, etc.), and at the same time Springer will establish a so-called living book platform for this book, where updates and corrections, digital media material, etc. can be readily uploaded and immediately become available.
- In addition a new Green Book on Utility Communication Network and Services has been prepared by Study Committee D2 and is available as hardcover and eBook. It is interesting to note, that this book given its size, is not as voluminous as the first two books and is thus the first of the so-called CIGRE Compact Studies”, to satisfy the need of some Study Committees for a more concise book format covering a specific subject from the scope of a Study Committee.
Conclusively, it is worth mentioning that the following Green Books are under preparation:
• SC A3: High Voltage Equipment
• SC B1: Insulated Cables
• SC B3: Substations
• SC B4: HVDC and Power Electronics
• SC B5: Protection and Automation
• SC C6: Distribution Systems and Dispersed Generation.